Saturday 21 April 2012

SHRUBURBIA


First post, testing testing....Eh...Okay...
This is 'Good In Leaves', the bestest track (I think) off my first EP, 'Shruburbia'. It's my attempt at capturing the party vibes of 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun' or The Pointer Sister's 'Automatic' whilst maintaining a gothy, Big Country-esque guitar groove. I made the whole thing on the freeware program 'Audacity', plugging in drum machines and casio keyboards via chorus and delay (guitar) pedals straight into my PC, using a Tascam 4-Track as a mixing desk. Am I spilling too much about the process? Probably! As with everything I do, it's self-indulgence VS mass appeal. Welcome to my world... You can listen to the whole EP on Spotify, or even buy it from Amazon as a download thanks to awesome Birmingham DIY imprint Speech Fewapy Records.

No comments:

Post a Comment