Monday 23 April 2012

Mohawk Down



I play in lots of bands, providing that A) they don't have a rehearsal regime of any sort and B) I love their music...
Which is why I lent my bass fingers out to Ben Churchill aka The Home Stretch last week.

The Home Stretch is Ben's no-fi/shoegaze sort of project, which has seen collaborations with guests ranging from Bryn Bowen (Soon to appear on the opening track of my forthcoming EP 'Black Tableaux') and David 'Maurice' Morris from the amazing London-based duo Gentle Friendly...


He was invited to perform at the recent Wendy Darlings gig in Brum by superfan Eve Phillips of Ace Bushy Striptease fame, but as he hadn't technically performed before, the Giant Manilow collective (aka The Shalfonts) clubbed together to make a real go of it, and the resulting show was really good fun.

The video at the top is the title track from his most recent EP 'Mohawk Down' and samples a really old drum machine/guitar ditty which I donated to the cause a while back. I really enjoyed playing it live, and it really didn't feel like something I had a part in writing, such is the awesomeness of Ben's experimental touch.
 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment