Saturday 21 April 2012

Man In The Mirror (GB&FF LIVE)


Last month I was invited by the Perhower movement to perform at a very different, very DIY gig in a dance studio in the bowels of Digbeth, Birmingham...
And as always where Perhower are concerned, I had a blast. Their set at the end of the night was the right amount of sinister, thumping and thoroughly seedy punk rock I've come to expect from anything singer/curator Miles Perhower puts his efforts into.

As for my own set, you can see 3 highlights from it above and below this post, courtesy of the exceptuionally talented filmmaker Damien Hyde. I think the partly illuminated gymnasium-slash-dance-studio was a highly appropriate and complimentary setting for my current batch of early 90s dance-inspired dreampop jams...And the make up I slapped on may become a constant for future gigs too.

You can also find a review of the event on page 24 of the April 2012 edition of Brumnotes, our local 'cover everything we can' free entertainment newsrag.



No comments:

Post a Comment